Saturday, July 27, 2013

Salvaged Wood

Earlier this year a strong storm sent my Grandmother's barn leaning.  It was a very old barn, according to her 200 years old, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.  We can safely say it's been around for generations.  It's been structurally unsafe for years and was already planned to come down this summer.  Nature just helped to get the process moving.

They tore the barn down earlier this month and I asked that some of the wood be saved for me.  I don't know what I am going to do with it but I have seen lots of ideas out there some are here, here and here.

This past week I went up to sort through what was saved with my Dad.  Much to my dismay we had to cut down some of the pieces that were 18 feet long for storage and transportation reasons.  But I think I got a good haul.

I was able to get some in my car, the rest we got off the ground for storage.  This is one of those many moments I wish we had a truck.  I'm not quite sure how I will get the rest to Cincinnati or what I will do with it.  But I'm looking forward to having it for future possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment